Neymar is currently the highest-earning player in PSG as well as the top in the world. But he is facing the possibility of cutting back.
According to France Football, Neymar currently pockets nearly 49 million euros in wages and bonuses a year. This salary is double that of PSG teammates Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani in the 2019-2020 season.
Exactly, the Brazilian star receives 48.9 million euros in salary and contractual bonuses, while Mbappe stands at 21.2 million euros and Cavani 18.4 million euros.
In total, if advertising revenue is added, Neymar earns 95 million euros, ranking third in the world after Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
According to information from StubHub, the former Barca player received about 670,993 euros for each Instagram post. In one year, the amount is estimated to reach more than 28 million euros.
In terms of advertising, most notably Neymar signed a 3-year contract with Altice in February 2018 with the announced amount of 10 million euros per year.
Thus, if PSG makes a 50% pay cut in March, April, May and June 2020 due to the impact of the COVID epidemic, Neymar will lose a significant income.
Specifically, if you only calculate a hard salary of 36.7 million euros per year, equivalent to 3,060,000 euros per month, the Brazilian striker will lose about 6.1 million euros during the said period.
Top 10 highest paid players in Ligue 1 (per month)
1. Neymar (PSG): 3,060,000 euros
2. Kylian Mbappe (PSG): 1,910 000 euros
3. Thiago Silva (PSG): 1,500,000 euros
4. Edinson Cavani (PSG): 1,345 000 euros
5. Marquinhos (PSG): 1,200,000 euros
5. Marco Verratti (PSG): 1,200,000 euros
7. Angel Di Maria (PSG): 1,100,000 euros
8. Keylor Navas (PSG): 800,000 euros
9. Mauro Icardi (PSG): 700,000 euros
10. Leandro Paredes (PSG): 750,000 euros